The programme covers a broad range of management topics and is designed to give you an overview of how businesses work and managers can affect and improve business performance. Core modules on the programme will ensure that you develop a good understanding of basic principles, important elements of management, leadership and strategy and develop skills that will support your employment after you graduate. At the same time, there are optional modules which give you the chance to specialise; choose subjects which you enjoy or that interest you; and to develop skills with a specific career or industry in mind.
The programme has been designed to support your future career ambitions – each module will require you to learn and apply ideas and to develop skills that will be useful to you in your future work. Students that graduate from the Business Management programme take with them a broad range of skills and knowledge that can support careers in multinational companies, small business, family firms, the public sector, charities or help those who want to start their own company
• To provide you with a systematic understanding of key aspects of business management through a coherent and integrated programme of study.
• To develop conceptual understanding that enables you to: devise and sustain arguments; use established techniques of analysis to solve problems; and describe and comment on current research in business management.
• To prepare you for a career in business and/or management by developing personal and professional skills that will support communication, group interaction, information finding, analysis and problem solving during your period of study consistent with preparation for a fulfilling career in a management or leadership role.
• To provide you with a valuable and positive learning experience in your academic studies.
Course Learning Outcomes
The following statements define what students graduating from the BA (Hons) Business Management course will have been judged to have demonstrated in order to achieve the award. These statements, known as learning outcomes, have been formally approved as aligned with the generic qualification descriptor for level 6 awards as set out by the UK Quality Assurance Agency (QAA)
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a systematic understanding of key aspects of business management, including acquisition of coherent and detailed knowledge, at least some of which is at, or informed by, the forefront of defined aspects of a discipline
2. Effectively communicate information, ideas, problems and solutions to both specialist and non-specialist audiences
3. Describe and comment upon particular aspects of current research relating to business, management or leadership and appreciate the uncertainty, ambiguity and limits of knowledge
4. Deploy accurately established techniques of analysis and enquiry and apply these to offer insight into problems or challenges facing a range of businesses
5. Critically evaluate arguments, assumptions, abstract concepts and data, in order to make judgements, to frame appropriate questions to achieve a solution, or to identify a range of solutions to a problem
6. Devise and sustain arguments and/or to solve problems using ideas and techniques, some of which are at the forefront of current management research
7. Manage your own learning and personal development
8. Demonstrate the possession of qualities and transferable skills necessary for employment requiring the exercise of initiative and personal responsibility; decision-making in complex and unpredictable contexts; the learning ability needed to undertake appropriate further training of a professional or equivalent nature
* Subject to validation
Duration: The duration of the programme is 3-4 years Full Time & 4-7 years Part Time
Study mode: Online learning
|Management and Managing: an introduction||UOS-1001-BBM|
|Introduction to Marketing||UOS-1002-BBM|
|Business and Economics||UOS-1003-BBM|
|Accounting for Business||UOS-1004-BBM|
|Understanding the Entrepreneurial Spirit||UOS-1005-BBM|
|Delivering Successful Projects||UOS-1006-BBM|
|Analysing Organisational Behaviour||UOS-2001-BBM|
|Designing and Developing HR Activities for Maximum Impact||UOS-2002-BBM|
|Managing Innovation in Organisations||UOS-2003-BBM|
|Globalisation, Capitalism and Growth||UOS-2004-BBM|
|Designing and Running a Research Project||UOS-2006-BBM|
|Leading and Managing Change||UOS-3001-BBM|
|Exploring Strategic Management||UOS-3002-BBM|
|Corporate Financial Strategy||UOS-3003-BBM|
|Managing HR Strategically||UOS-3004-BBM|
The entry requirements for admission are: